As we launch into Part Three of our monthlong exploration into AR we are joined by Jay Samit, Independent Vice Chairman for Deloitte, and author of International bestseller Disrupt You!: Master Personal Transformation, Seize Opportunity and Thrive in the Era of Endless Innovation.
During our conversation surrounding the impact of augmented reality (AR) on our work, play, and shopping life, Jay raised these five takeaways:
- From Jay’s best seller, Disrupt You!, one of his biggest points for someone selling a new idea is to understand that your job is to communicate the future in a way that people can comprehend. Unless you can communicate that change and how it impacts that person, you won’t be effective.
- What AR can bring to the table. It’s a new way for businesses to connect, it’s a new way for people to live and play — what does the software know about you at that moment?
- How AR is Transforming Training — instead of learning through a manual you’ll be able to use glasses to identify problems.
- Low-cost glasses are coming and that will help speed adoption of AR.
- Jay asks the question, “How can you now build a new business to solve a new problem because you now have ubiquitous connectivity?”
As augmented reality and immersive technology continue to transform our landscape, it’s important to understand how they might impact you. The Tech Cat Show, with its fabulous guests, can help you stay ahead of that curve.
Join us for Part Four and another insightful discussion of AR, next week with Shel Israel from Transformation Group.