Blockchain and Media Collide, with Seth Shapiro from Alpha Networks
This week on The Tech Cat Show…
Kicking off our month of Blockchain is Seth Shapiro, CEO and Founder of Alpha Networks.
While talking with Seth we uncovered trends in media and blockchain and discussed the ways in which we’re seeing them collide. As Founder of Alpha Networks, a blockchain-powered platform for the creation and optimization of existing and new video networks, Seth had a lot of valuable insights. Though hard to choose, here are host Lori H. Schwartz’s five takeaways:
- Blockchain is this distributed ledger technology that basically creates a whole new world of crowdsourced opportunities and all sorts of new businesses.
- Bitcoin, which is a specific form of digital currency, is the most famous application of it.
- Videocoin is a new company based on the blockchain. It’s an example of the disruption of a business category — decentralizing video hosting and directly competing with Amazon Web Services. Videocoin will empower people all over the world to serve video, and then get compensated in our currency.
- Blockchain is a very global business at the moment, though America is a bit behind. It is an unprecedented global mix of different parts of the world trying to figure out how they can leverage this new opportunity.
- There will be a new crop of transformational companies in every business category that will be leveraging the power of the blockchain. This is the next great era of redefining things; the next era of the Internet.
Join us for Part Two, and another insightful discussion of Blockchain, this week with James Basnett from Softvision.